Add Extensions/Users Step by Step
1. Go to Extensions > Add New in the main menu
2. Now you can choose if you want to make a personal extension or a department extension
- Personal extensions should be made for everyone in your company that you want to be able to place outgoing calls or send text messages with your business phone number. Personal extensions also have a username and password that allows you and your team members to log-in to VoxDirect. When you create a personal extension, you can choose to make them admins or non-admins. Admins will have full access to VoxDirect tools and features, whereas non-admins will only be able to adjust the settings of their own extension and place calls and text using the mobile app. When you create a new personal extension, an email is sent for them to set a password. If you’d like to continue setting up this new extension, you can just click the gear on your new extension and proceed with setting it up. You can even set a password yourself for this extension.
- Department extensions are used to reach multiple people in your organization at the same time. You can have everyone’s phone ring at the same time, or you can have them ring in order. Department extensions do not have a username and password, since they are not tied to a specific person.
3. If you are making a personal extension, you can choose if you want to make them an Admin or a Non-Admin
- Admins can manage the entire account and can view the entire account’s call history. Non-admins can only see their own call history and manage their own extension.
4. Enter the rest of the information in the form and click “Add Extension”
5. If you added a Personal Extension, an email will get sent to the email address that was entered in the form and they will be asked to set a password
6. After adding the extension you will be taken to a list of all of your extensions. You can click the gear icon next to the extension you just added to continue setting it up.