This is called “number porting” and it is easy to do:
What is needed to bring your number to VoxDirect?
- Contact VoxDIrect support to get the proper forms and instructions
- Completely filled out LOA and/or RespOrg Form (TFN Only)
- A copy of your bill from your previous provider
- Your PIN Number (If required by your provider)
Does VoxDirect accept ports of all numbers?
- We will try to port any number, but there are some numbers that we may not have coverage in, and would not be able to port.
Can I port toll-free numbers to VoxDirect?
- Yes, please make sure to fill out the RespOrg (Responsible Organization) form which can be provided to you by contacting support.
How long does it take to complete a port-in of a number to VoxDirect?
- Most ports average between 3-5 business days. NOTE: Any rejections from the provider you are porting from will add additional time.
Can I expedite a port request?
- At this time, we don't offer a way to expedite port requests to VoxDirect. We try to port each number as quickly as possible.
What is the BTN?
- Billing Telephone Number is the number that all numbers and services are billed under for most major carriers. If this number isn't on your bill, you may obtain it from your current carrier.
- NOTE: If you are only porting one number, that number usually represents the BTN
Should I cancel services with my current provider before or after the port?
- DO NOT cancel any services or schedule any other orders before the porting process completes. This will ensure that your port is completed smoothly and without rejection. Placing any disconnect orders on your account may cause a delay for your port.
Can I choose which day my port takes place?
- Yes, you can suggest what date you'd like the port to occur when you first submit your documentation to VoxDirect support. This is not a guaranteed date but we'll do what we can to accommodate your requested date.
What does FOC mean?
- Firm Order Confirmation, this is the date that has been granted between us and the provider you’re porting the number from.
Can I change the FOC Date for my port?
- We recommend that the customer does not change the date, but if they insist, we require at the minimum 48 hours advance notice before the port.
Can I request to cancel my port?
- If your port has not received a FOC date, you may request to cancel the port.
- If your port has received a FOC date, please make sure to request the cancel 48 hours or more prior to your FOC date.